Ducted Heating Melbourne
It's the cool time of year and you flick the dial to turn on your trusted Ducted Heater and …..nothing…..the old system that has kept your family warm for years, will warm you no more.
Ducted Heating units are typically the workhorse of the appliance range, where they work hard for half of the year and then sit idle “out to pasture” for the other half - but provide years of reliable service. But.. like all things in life, they age, they start to need more maintenance and they no longer work efficiently.
Whether it is the reliability of your old system or its failing efficiency (as evidenced by your increasing gas bills), changing over your old system for a new one can be quick and painless.
Professional Ducted Heating Services
For any premises, it is important to have quality ducted heating systems during cold months. But in a country that has hot temperatures for much of the year, these systems often lay dormant and unused. This can mean they are under strain when they begin working again and may end up developing faults or unforeseen maintenance needs.
We’re pleased to offer our excellent ducted heating services to you. We’ve been in the business a long time, since 1979, so when it comes to experience you need look no further. Our technicians have been installing, repairing and maintaining these systems all over the region and are ready to extend these services to you.
Benefits of a Ducted Heating System
There are a lot of things to consider when either installing, servicing or repairing a ducted heating system. The different brands and types of systems are wide-ranging, and some are better than others.
We have experience and expert knowledge of many of these and know well their values and faults. When we inspect or install a system, we check it for efficiency, ease of use, how well it can cope with different areas of the property and how well it blends in with the property aesthetic.
24 Hour Ducted Heating System Service
We’re very proud of the fact that our team of contractors are constantly learning. We believe that if an industry is always growing, then those who work in it ought to as well. Every contractor we have trains with our suppliers, which means we’ve always got insider knowledge. It also means that we are also able to offer warranties on many of our services.
We recognise that sometimes things aren’t quite right and when faults develop we want to be there for you. That’s why we offer a truly 24-hour service. Our team is always ready to take your call, whatever the time of day and will be able to get a contractor out to you for repairs or emergency maintenance in no time at all. Our drivers are always on the road so you’ll be relieved to have a super quick response, whatever the time.
In addition, we’d also love to offer you our subscription service. Our Total Care Club covers all our services, so whatever emergency, installation or maintenance you require, we’ve got you covered. We offer services that include:
This subscription is perfect for those who want hassle-free, low-cost utility service with a single point of contact. Give it a try today!
Join Our Community of Clients Today!
We’re always pleased to make new acquaintances. In fact, over the decades we’ve been operating we’ve built up quite a large community of customers who have been only too pleased to share their experiences on our testimonials section. We’re pleased to say they’ve come from a surprisingly diverse range of industries, such as:
This is to say nothing of the countless residential customers we’ve had. If you like the look of our service, please do get in contact now. Give us a call or send us a message and we’ll start working on a ducted heating solution for you today!
Before choosing - there are a few things to consider:
- Efficiency - chances are, that your old system was heating as much of the outside environment as it was your house. Over the years, the technology and design of heating systems has only improved with the more efficient use of gas. So, if you are choosing to change over your system, only do so if you are prepared to pay less in your next gas bill.
- Ease of Use - are you the one in the household who gets up on the chilly mornings, to quickly walk across the cold floor to turn on the heater, so that everyone else climbs out of bed to a warm house? Well, fun as that may have been - new systems have new and more improved controllers which enable timers and automation, so no-one has to make the “chilly morning dash” to the control unit.
- Zoning - with newer technology, you can choose what parts of your home you heat - as the new systems are smarter and allow for airflow reduction caused by zone off sections of your home. So, if you have a large home but don’t want to heat all of it - then be prepared to have the choice of zoning out parts. Of course, this will mean that you use less gas, so once again - be prepared for your running costs to reduce.
- Unobtrusive - if you loved the size and noise of your old system, with the furnace and fan outside and whoosh of air inside, then be prepared to be disappointed with the smaller external units and almost whisper quiet running of the new systems. In more built up areas, the small and quieter systems are for everyone’s benefit.
- Selection - there is a wide range of systems out there, but we won’t sell them all. With more than 38 years heating homes and businesses, we only install quality systems which we know will last. If you want a cheap & cheerful system, then we will not be able to help.
So…what else do you need to know?
Well, you need to realise that some of your ducting may not be up to scratch. It could be too small, too old or may have even lost its insulation. If you want to incorporate zoning, then we may also need to change the path that the ducts take, which will also need some new ducting and a controller or two.
To get the right system for your needs which will heat your area correctly, requires more than just a glossy brochure and “a quick look”. We do heat flow calculations to match the system to the area, so we know that it will work before its sold and installed.
The availability of systems is always pretty good, but peak season can be tough on the team - as when it's cold, the phone in the office rings hot. So, if you are thinking about putting in a more efficient and intelligent system - then call us now and don’t wait.
Average installs from booking/deposit are around 7-14 days - but naturally are longer during the peak periods.
Ducted heating systems are pretty simple, in the fact that they push warm air into the home and draw cooler air out via a return air duct. Often with the new systems, an old return air vent may be a bit small - so don’t be surprised if this needed to be increased or duplicated to enable your new system to breath efficiently.Book in today for a heating consultation
If budget is a primary concern, then we will also provide guidance on the running costs of the different solutions so you can see how fast your new system will pay its self off.
As we deal with an extensive range of suppliers, we are not constrained by brand or product – so we can provide you with the best available product to suit your needs.
Don’t get stuck with a system that has been poorly assessed and simply installed by someone inadequately trained and inexperienced. A poorly installed system could be very expensive in the long term.
We stand behind our quality workmanship, with fully qualified industry technicians – backed by relevant industry experience.
*Star rating equivalent. Based on Australian Gas Association’s results calculated in accordance with the testing methodology in AS/NZS5263.1.6:2016. ◊Data is based on: Gas price = 1.6 c/MJ
- House Size – 240 m2 x 2.4 m ceiling height
- Operation hours per year
- 600 hrs (100 days at 6 hrs per day) – based on AS/NZS5263.1.6:2016
- House Heat load – 0.2 MJ/h/m3 – based on AS/NZS5263.1.6:2016
- Annual Energy Consumption (AEC) for different star rated heaters based on AS/NZS5263.1.6:2016
- - 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, 6.0, 6.8 and 7 star equivalent rated ducted gas heating systems.
Note: These figures may vary for individual situations due to variation in factors such as gas price, house size and insulation, heater usage patterns, the area heated, how long you run the heating for, your thermostat settings, how well insulated the house is, your local climate etcCall Alpine today on (03) 5964 7513