Split System Air Conditioning Melbourne
The affordable Air Conditioning choice
For the best value, space saving choice for heating and cooling in your home, you can’t go wrong with a Split Cooling System. It’s perfect for cooling your family room…quiet enough for sleeping in bedrooms and...just the ticket for controlled zoning around your whole home.
Split Systems are convenient units which are designed to cool a designated area – large or small. The key is to get the right unit for the area and then position it appropriately….but don’t worry, we can help with that.
Split Systems have been in the market for a while now, but they continue to get more efficient and come in a range of styles and sizes, so there is a unit for every location and budget. One of the most popular features with the Splits Systems, is that you can get a system to just cool the room you live in, so they are a really economical solution.
Here is a few more features to be aware of:
- Year round comfort – whether it’s hot or cold, Split Heating and Cooling Systems provide heating and cooling for year round comfort.
- Invisible - with internal head unit located discretely up on a wall, you will hardly even know it’s there. Some of the new styles disguise them even more.
- Whisper Quiet - as the condenser units are located outside, it's only the movement of cool air which will invade your summer days.
- Zone-able – control comes from having different units in key living areas of your home, so you only use the unit needed to cool the rooms you want. This saves expensive energy costs associated with cooling empty rooms!
- WiFi Adaptable and Programable - if you love the convenience of being able to activate your system before you get home or adjust a setting without moving from the kitchen table, then the wifi adaptability and forward program features will impress you. Designed to make life easier, you can have either full automated or manual control of these systems.
- Energy Efficient – the overall units are built with energy efficiency in mind, so not only are you able to control the area being cooled, you do so knowing that the unit is running with power conservation in mind.
- Comfort where you are – with directional veins and various sweep patterns, you not only distribute the cool air quickly, but you can just as quickly avoid having a cold breeze blowing on your favourite chair.
For split system air conditioning in Melbourne, call Alpine
When you want the best split system cooling for your home or business, Alpine Trade Group has everything you need. With experience stretching back to 1979, and a dedicated team of expert professional technicians, we have the resources and skills to meet any cooling challenge.
When is split system air conditioning a good choice
You have many options for cooling, and a split system air conditioner is just one of those options. How will you know if it is the right one for you? We have some answers to that question here, and of course, you can call us to get even more information if you need it.
Split system air conditioning separates the evaporative heat exchanger from the condensing unit, placing the noisiest part of the system outside where it will cause less bother inside.
There are two main types of split system air conditioners available: ducted and ductless. The ducted type is one that can provide cooling to many different rooms from one AC unit. Ductless systems are made for cooling just one room. Which of these will be right for you depends on your needs.
The main thing to keep in mind is that a ducted system is more efficient when you need whole home cooling, but it also needs more energy to run than a ductless air conditioner. If you don't need to cool many rooms, a ductless system may be the better choice for you.
Another thing to consider is that you may need to cool more than one room (for example the bedroom and the living room), but if you don't need to cool them simultaneously, then having more than one ductless air conditioner could be a better choice.
For this option, the purchase cost will normally be higher than if you purchased a ducted system (though this can depend on several factors), but the running cost will typically be lower because you will be using less energy to meet your cooling needs.
Non-split systems are typically less expensive to purchase than split systems, but they come with several disadvantages that make them an unattractive proposition if you can afford the slightly higher cost of a split system.
Another choice is evaporative cooling, which has the lowest running cost but is not quite as powerful and effective at cooling in comparison to air conditioning which can achieve a lower minimum temperature.
Benefits of a split system air conditioner in Melbourne
You should choose split system air conditioning when:
You want effective and rapid cooling
You would like a low noise option
You don't mind a slightly higher running cost compared to evaporative cooling systems
You need to cool large rooms as effectively and efficiently as possible
Your location regularly experiences high humidity
We provide split system air conditioning installation across Melbourne
No matter where in Melbourne you live, or even if you're located not too far outside Melbourne, we can come to you and install your air conditioning system for you. Not only that, we'll make sure you get the very best installation money can buy.
We will install your split system air conditioner safely, which is a very important consideration. Our technicians are experts in cooling technology, and they can perform their tasks with total efficiency. You will enjoy a safe air conditioning system that will meet your cooling needs for years to come.
We also offer full after-sales service with all manufacturer warranties supported. You can rely on our team for genuine advice you can trust with confidence.
Find out more by calling or emailing Alpine Trade Group today.
So...how does it work?
When we talk about a Split System Air Conditioner – most people want to know why it’s called a “Split System”.
- The answer is simple, the unit is literally split into 2 units. The small cooling head which is mounted indoors for the quiet cooling of the room, along with the larger condenser unit which is located outside – either on the ground or up on a wall and out of eye line.
- How does it work?.... well the outdoor unit contains a compressor, which initiates the cooling process whilst the indoor unit contains an evaporator and a fan for air movement. These two units are then connected by a series of copper pipes, so its best if they are close to each other.
- The indoor unit draws heat out of the room through to the outdoor unit. Here the cooling system unit removes heat from the gas, turning it into a cold liquid. This cold liquid is then pushed back into the indoor unit where the fan uses it blow cool air back around the room.
- All our split system units come with air filters that reduce the flow of dust, bacteria and other contaminants, keeping you and your family healthy.
- Split Systems come in a range of shapes and sizes, so there is one to fit all requirements and budgets. To work out which is the best one for your needs - call us today for a free consultation.
The installation cost for split system air conditioner
Options are available for every budget, to buy, install and then operate for the long term.
As one of the more popular cooling options on the market, there are many different makes and models available, with a range of features to suit your needs, style and budget. Of course, as with most things you get what you pay for…...
What you pay for is a quiet, ductless ac install - an air conditioning system which is dedicated to a particular area (one or more rooms depending on your need) - but what you get is cool comfort at the touch of a button when you want it.
Split Systems provide quick cooling for prompt relief from the summer heat. As Split Systems come in many sizes, you have the freedom to cool just the smallest bedroom or office, through to large family and kitchen areas, so you can enjoy cooking in the kitchen, watching a movie in the lounge or even just a good night’s sleep.
So, if you want affordable air conditioning during the summer heat in your selected living areas, then check out the versatility and cost of our Split AC Installation. We can guarantee that there is the right combination for you!Call today to discuss split system ac installation in your home